Theme:THE SEASON OF THE OUTPOURING OF BLESSINGS
Text: Isaiah 44:3-5
“For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, ‘The Lord’s,’ and will take the name Israel”.
No plant can spring up without the availability of sufficient water; hence, water is very essential for plant’s survival. Likewise, there are certain things that are essential for the survival and blossoming of any human being on earth. For example, while it is possible for someone to stay off food for a long period of time, there is no one that survives without water for a long period of time; hence, water is very essential for the survival of life.
Just as water is very essential both to man and plant, there is Someone who is very essential to our lives as humans. In the beginning, He was the major constituent of our being – the constituent that connects us to God. “The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (Gen 2:7). We derived our existence as living beings from Him. Without Him, we are ordinary dust. Along the line, something happened and God decided to withdraw Him from us. “Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years” (Gen 6:3).
During these periods of total withdrawal of God’s Spirit from man, God occasionally released Him to work through certain individuals like the priests, prophets and kings to carry out specific assignments for Him on earth. It was obvious during this period that nothing extraordinary can happen on earth except through the influence of this Personality. For example, David, a shepherd boy, killed a trained and well-built soldier with a sling and a stone by the influence of this Personality (1Kings 17).“So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him” (1 Sam 17:50). As you also will receive Him this season, you will destroy your adversaries effortlessly in Jesus’ Name.
Prophet Isaiah, under the influence of this personality in Isaiah 44:3, prophesied about what is about to happen. “For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants” (Isa. 44: 3). The prophecy initially portrayed Him as water and stream but later revealed Him as the Spirit of God. He was initially withdrawn from man but in this passage, the prophet revealed to us the plan of God to release Him again to us. In verses 4and 5, the prophet revealed the result of His impact; most especially, in the lives of their offspring. These are:
- Spiritual growth and flourishing.
- Godly and genuine prosperity.
- Genuine salvation and worship of God.
- Genuine devotion and relationship with God.
- Total submission to the Lordship of Christ.
As we desire to have the above blessings, we need to note that the outpouring of God’s Spirit is the connection to all these blessings. To have Him we must do the following:
- We must be members of His household.
- We must desire Him.
- We must ask of Him.
- We must wait for him.
- We must be together in one mind.
As usual, we will be waiting on God through prayer and fasting from today 19th November 2018 to 9th December 2018. We will be praying together from Monday through Friday from6pm to 7pm and Saturday from 5pm to 6pm. We will be coming together to pray every Sunday in the morning during the worship service and evening at our house fellowship centres.
The floodgate of heaven is open; let your heart also be opened to receive. I welcome you into this new season of the outpouring of His Spirit.
Topic: Celebrating God for the promise of THE outpouring of stream of living waters
“For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow,like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, ‘The Lord’s, ‘and will take the name Israel”(Isa. 43:3-5).
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations”(Ps. 100:4-5).
For the past ten years plus now, many in this nation have been seeking for what will satisfy their souls. It is obvious that democracy has not been able to satisfy our thirsty souls because the politicians who we have chosen do not have the capacity and the competence to satisfy anyone other than themselves. As a result of this grave search for satisfying water, many have died in their quest to seek fresh and satisfying water abroad and those who are able to make it abroad are leaving like slaves in a foreign land. We are regarded by the world as one of the poorest nations on earth, yet we live among the abundant provision of God.
Those who are not thirsty for economic satisfaction are in dire need of the supernatural act of God that will deal with incurable sicknesses, satanic afflictions, oppression of the oppressors and many other things that are beyond human understanding. Many are at the crossroad because of unexplainable family challenges like divorce threats, barrenness, truant fathers or husbands, rebellious children and so on. Young people are under the great and secured prison of drug abuse, alcoholism, sexual addiction, occultism and the like. We are in the most terrible time of our generation and it looks like hell was loosed against us.
But I hear the Lord saying; “For I will pour water on the thirsty land,and streams on the dry ground;I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow,like poplar trees by flowing streams”(Isa. 43:3). This is what we are in for in this season of the outpouring of soul-satisfying stream of Living Water. Therefore, are you thirsty? Hear the call of God unto you in the next twenty-one days; “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,and your soul will delight in the richest of fare” (Isa 55:1-2). It was the same thing that Jesus said in John Chapter 7:37-39.
Since this is His promise for us, our household, business/career, the church of God and our nation, we need to celebrate first of all because it is thanksgiving that unlocks the gate of heaven. “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations”(Ps. 100:4-5). Our focus today is to celebrate Him for who He is and what He has promised.
Let us thank God:
- Thank You,Jesus, for the promise of the outpouring of the Water of Life to quench all the thirsty souls (Isa. 43:3-5, 55:1-2).
- Father Lord, we thank You for the willingness to release both the former and latter rain on all of us starting from today (Joel 2:22-23).
- Thank You, Jesus, for calling all who are thirsty to the stream of Living Water to buy without money ( Isa. 55:1-5;John 4:13:14).
- Father Lord, we thank You for the promise of the restoration of lives, homes, businesses/carriers and all that the enemy had taken away (Joel 2:25-27; John 10:10; 11:1-44).
- Father Lord, we thank You for the promise of the outpouring of Your spirit upon both old and young (Joel 2:27-29; Isa. 44:1-4).
- Lord Jesus, we are grateful for all the miracles, signs and wonders that You are going to perform during these twenty-one days (Joel 2:22-29; Isa. 44:1-5, 55:1-5).
- Thank You, Jesus, for Your plan to turn this sanctuary to the source of the flow of Water of Life throughout its existence (Ezek. 47:1-14; Oba. 1:17).
- Thank You, Jesus, for designing this praying and fasting to set my home on fire to consume all the adversaries (Oba. 1:18).
- Thank You, Jesus, for the release of power for revelation, breaking of all yokes, the release of both spiritual and physical gifts (1Cor. 2:9-13; Isa. 10:27; Eph. 4:7-13).
- Thank You, Jesus, for the release of the Holy Spirit with the manifestation of speaking in unknown tongues and prophecy for the edification of all (1 Cor. 14: 1-5).
TOPIC: BREAKING HEAVEN OPEN FOR THE OUTPOURING OF HIS SPIRIT THROUGH GENUINE REPENTANCE
It was clearly stated in the text of our focus that; “For I will pour water on the thirsty land,and streams on the dry ground;I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring…” (Isa. 44: 3). But this cannot happen unless certain things are done in order to activate the fulfilment of this prophecy because God has placed an embargo on the release of His Spirit on men. “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years”(Gen 6:3).The heaven has been closed upon everyman as regards the release of God’s Spirit. Until the heaven that is closed is opened, we cannot receive anything from God.
Sin is the greatest and the only barrier that has blocked heaven over every man and repentance is the only way out. “Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear”(Isa 59:1-2).
When it comes to the breaking of heaven for the release of the outpouring of His Spirit, there are four types of repentance to be considered. These are:
- Repentance from the life of sin: Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off — for all whom the Lord our God will call” (Acts 2:38-39). We are in the season of power and sin is the greatest and the only barrier to receiving this power.Repent today and you will be baptized.
- Repentance from the pursuit of His power at the expense of HisPerson. This is another barrier to receiving Him. “Peter answered: “Mayyourmoneyperishwith you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money” (Acts 8:20).Many today thought they can buy His power through activities such as fasting, praying, going to mountains or seeking great men of God etc. but His power cannot be received except throughthe pursuit of His Person.
- Repentance from old and unbiblical doctrines: Some Christians, especially among Baptists, believed that anything about the Holy Spirit has gone with the apostles. This is pure ignorance and has no biblical basis because the bible says; ‘And afterward,I will pour out my Spirit on all people.Your sons and daughters will prophesy,your old men will dream dreams,your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women,I will pour out my Spirit in those days” (Joel 2:28-29). In those days, also includes today; hence, Holy Spirit is needed now.
- Repentance from careless Christian living:It is true that the gift of God is without repentance (Rom. 11:29) but the person of the Holy Spirit cannot dwell in an unholy environment (Gen. 6:3). The fact that you are still manifesting the gift of the Holy Spirit, yet careless in your Christian living by manifesting the fruit of flesh does not confirm His presence with you. Remember, God can use anything and anyone to fulfil His purpose. Repent today and the time of refreshing will come.
- Repentance from grieving the Holy Spirit:Paul in Eph. 4:20-31, gave us a list of things that grievethe Holy Spirit within us. Whenever we are doing such things, He is not happy with us.We need to repent from them so that He will be happy with us and continue to flow in us.
Which one of these is applicable to your situation? Please repent of it today so that your closed heaven will open for the release of the outpouring of His Spirit on you.
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for the promise and fulfilment of the outpouring of Your Spirit upon mankind (Isa. 44:3; Joel 2:27-29; Acts 1:8, 2:1-5).
- O Lord, have mercy upon me and let there be an outpouring of Your Spirit upon me during this season (Ps. 51:1-9; Isa. 59:1-5).
- I confess and repent from all my sins today (Acts 2: 38-39).
- Lord Jesus, I confess and repent from every way I have grievedYour Spirit (Gen. 6:3; Gal. 5:19-21; Eph. 4:20-31).
- We repent today from every sin that hinders the manifestation of Your power in our midst (Ps. 133; Mark 6:5; Acts 2: 1-5).
- My Father, create in me today a new heart and the right spirit within me (Ps. 51: 10-12).
- From today, in the Name of Jesus Christ, I will walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh (Gal 5:16-18).
- Thank You, Jesus, for the forgiveness of all my sins (Isa. 1:8).
Note:Many homes are under closed heaven as a result of not confessing their sins to one another, repentance of confessed sin and forgiveness. Let us endeavor to confess our sins to one another and seek God’s face to grant us the grace to forgive. These are the greatest barriers to the outpouring and overflowing of power at our personal and family altars. Please, let us ensure we deal with that before coming to the altar of prayer in the evening.
TOPIC: BREAKING HEAVEN OPEN FOR THE OUTPOURING THROUGH DEALING WITH GATES OF HINDRANCES
Right from the declaration of God in Gen. 6:3; “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years (Gen 6:3), God closed heaven against everyone. The degree of this closure reached the climax at an interval between the Old and New Testaments. It was generally believed by biblical scholars that there was an interval of four hundred years between the Old and New Testaments. The implication of this was that God did not speak to anyone on earth for a period of four hundred years – What a terrible time in human history!
The closure necessitated the breaking open of heaven upon Jesus before He could embark on His earthly ministry. “As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him”(Matt 3:16).Again, when He ascended into heaven, a supernatural earthquake caused heaven to be opened upon His disciples. “When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting” (Acts 2:1-2).Therefore, no one can secure the outpouring of power until the breaking of Gates of Hindrances.
What are these Gates of Hindrances?
- Gate of divine curse:“My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal…”(Gen. 6:3).When a man curses you, you will seek God’s face for breaking of that curse.Who shall you seek when God curses you? Surely, you will seek Him for the opening of that gate. In order for God to remove the curse on the human race, He sacrificed His only begotten Son(Eph. 2:13; Heb. 9:22).
- Gate of satanic alliances: “When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose”(Gen 6:1-2).After this unholy alliance, God became grieved that He had created man and placed a barrier against the relationship between His Spirit and men. This gate is so strong in our time because men are daily forming alliances with the devil through abominable acts such as homosexuality and bestiality etc. The atmosphere seems tense with abominations that cause desolation (Matt. 24:15-16).
- Gate of satanic resistance: “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Eph. 6:12). The spiritual atmosphere over the nations is blocked. That is why our daily struggle against rulers, authorities, powers and spiritual forces in the heavenly realm is real. We must individually pull down these gates so that we can have daily access of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
- The gate of ignorance:“My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children”(Hos. 4:6).Peter addressed this gate when He said; “And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off — for all whom the Lord our God will call” (Acts 2:38-39).Destroy this gate of ignorance today because you are among those who are called by God.
The question now is “which of these gates is hindering you from receiving the outpouring of His Spirit”? Whether one or all of these gates are serving as the hindrance for accessing the outpouring of His Spirit, it will breakopen today in Jesus name.
Let us pray:
- Thank You,Jesus, for the promise of shaking the earth and the heaven for the release of Your Spirit upon all mankind (Hag. 2:6-9; Acts 2:1-5;Heb. 12:25-27).
- Lord Jesus, I repent of any form of alliance with the devil that hinders the outpouring of Your spirit upon me (Gen. 6:1-3).
- In the Name of Jesus, I command all the gates hindering the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon me to be lifted right now (Psa. 24:7-10; Matt. 3:16; Acts 2:1-3).
- Lord Jesus, since this promise is for me and my children, let every denominational ignorance be removed now (Hos. 4:6; Joel. 2:28-29).
- Father Lord, let every inner sinful spiritual resistance that is holding back the outpouring of Your Spirit upon me be removed now (Rom. 8:5-8;2Cor. 4:1-4).
- Thank You, Jesus, for dealing with all hindrances against the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on me.
Topic:THE OUTPOURING OF THE SPIRIT FOR REFRESHING THE THIRSTY SOULS
“For I will pour water on the thirsty land…” (Isa. 44:3a). “Come, all you who arethirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat. Come; buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money onwhat is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare” (Isa 55:1-2).
There is no other substitute to water when it comes to thirst; hence, whenever a man is thirsty, he will look for water to quench his thirst. Since the time of disobedience to divine instruction by Adam (Gen. 3:1-10), man has been under serious thirst for the Spirit of God. Although he tried to substitute him for another one that looks like Him, but unfortunately for him, just as no liquid can be a good substitute for water, no other spirit can replace the vacuum created by the departure of the Spirit of God in man.
Therefore, when God said; “For I will pour water on the thirsty land …”He is referring to the restoration of what has departed from man. When Isaiah was writing about the same thing in chapter 55:1-2; he pointed to the fact that this water is free and the need to stop wasting your resources to buy what does not satisfy.
Many today are not satisfied with life, job, family etc. because the one who gives inner satisfaction is not there. As a result of this, some are on drugs, some seek spiritual help while others are simply living for living sake. Why?Because there is a vacuum created by the absence of the Water that satisfies.
When Jesus was describing Him in the book of St. John, He says; “…”If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.” By this he meant the Spirit…” (John 7:37-39).
What are you thirsty of? Is it sound health?Thedirection of life?Knowing who to marry?Which profession to choose?Who to partner with in business?Where to locate your business?What the future holds for you?Above all, how to make heaven? Irrespective of what you are thirsty of, come and drink freely from the Living Stream.
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for the provision of the stream of Living Water that flows from within (Isa. 44:3, 55: 1-5; John 7: 37-39).
- Father Lord, I am weary and thirsty for the Living Water, let that stream of Living Water be built in me today (Isa. 44:3; 28:11-12; John 7:37, 4:14).
- Lord Jesus, I have come to the stream of Living Water today, permit me to drink of it freely (Isa. 55:1-5; Rev. 21:6, 22:17).
- Lord Jesus, with Your Water of Life, quench my spiritual dryness and revive my spirituality (John 7:38-39; Eph. 5:15-20).
- Lord Jesus, as I seek Your face today, let the former and latter rainfall upon my thirsty soul (Joel 2:23; Zech. 10:1; James 5:7).
- Lord Jesus, let the stream of Living Water flow and overflow in this church for the benefit of all souls (Ezek. 47:1-15).
- Thank You, Jesus, for the outpouring of Your Stream of Water for all thirsty souls (Isa. 44:3; John 7:37-39).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF WATER OF LIFE FOR RECOVERY OF DESTINY
They will spring up like grass in a meadow,like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’;another will call himself by the name of Jacob;still another will write on his hand, ‘The Lord’s,’and will take the name Israel (Isa. 44:4-5).
Immediately after an outpouring of rain upon the earth, grasses will begin to spring up and continue to grow until the beginning of the dry season when they will begin to wither again. Iftreesare planted along the flowing stream, they will surely continue to blossom as long as the stream is still in existence. Suchwas the state of man (Adam & Eve)when the Spirit of God was resident in him. They had continuous fellowship with God (Gen. 2:7) and like a tree planted by the riverside they were blossoming (Gen. 2:5-7; 19-25) but immediately after disconnection through sin (Gen. 3:1-7), God was broken hearted and He regretted creating man (Gen. 6:1-3, 6).
From that time till now, man’s destiny was taken away from him and he became a slave under the influence of another spirit that enslaves (Gen. 3:1-6; John 8:34-35). Man was destined to do and be the following:
- Be and act like God on earth (Gen. 1:26)
- Be fruitful, increase, fill, subdue and rule over the earth (including the devil) (Gen. 1:28).
- Be great and a source of blessing (Abrahamic covenant) (Gen. 12:1-5, Gal. 3:14).
- Be prosperous (Noahic Covenant – Gen. 8:22).
These are few out of many wonderful things that God has destined for man to be on earth.Unfortunate,many are unable to become any of these because of the evil effectsof the devil, the slave master.
At the advent of Jesus’ ministry on earth, the new slave master (the prince of the world), asked Him to worship him or else He would fail in His mission (Luke 4:5-8). Jesus didn’t debunk his claim because that was the truth, but eventually, at the cross, he was dethroned (Matt. 28:17-18; 1John 3:8). The good news today is that the Destiny Restorer has paid the price and He has singlehandedly recovered for us the Spirit of God that had departed from us. Any man who has the Spirit of God in him can recover all the divine potentials/destiny stolen by the devil (John 10:10).
Let us pray:
- My Father and my Lord, I thank You for Your perfect plan to restore to me all stolen potentials/destiny by the devil (Isa. 44:4-5; Jer. 29:11; John 10:10; 1John 3:8).
- Lord Jesus, I repent of every role that I played in the theft of my God-given potentials/destiny (Matt. 13:25; John 10:10; Acts 7:41).
- Lord Jesus, let Your Spirit lead me by His power to totally recover all my stolen potentials/destiny (1Sam. 30:8; John 16:13; Rom. 8:14).
- My Father and my Lord, redeem me today from the curse of the law and reconnect me to the great potentials released on father Abraham (Gen. 12:1-5; Gal. 3:13).
- Lord Jesus, visit the source of my life and remove everything that is producing death and unproductiveness in me (2 Kings 2:19-23; 1 Chron. 4:9-10).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I command every affliction that has limited the fulfilment of my potentials to leave right now (John 5:1-5; Luke 13:10-16; Acts 3:1-8).
- O Lord, arise and contend with every ancient enemy contending with the potentials/destiny of my children (Isa. 44:3-5,49:24-26).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, my children will arise and serve God faithfully in their generation (Isa. 44:4-5; Joel 2:28; Isa. 54:13).
- Thank You, Jesus, for I have totally recovered all my lost potentials/destiny today (Isa. 44:3-5).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF STREAM OF LIVING WATER
On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.” By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified” (John 7:37-39).
On the last day of the feast, Jesus cried with a loud voice; “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.” The same Jesus is calling all of us today, the last day of the first phase of our praying and fasting, to come and drink freely from the Living Water. Like Isaiah said in Isaiah 55:2: “Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy”?Why will you continue in life of sin that does not satisfy or in bondage of the devil that steals, kills and destroys? Why will you continue in that sickness, when there is balm in Gilead (Jer. 8:21-22)? Why will you go home with your challenge, when He asked you to come and drink freely (John 7:37)?
When you drink water, it will satisfy you;but after a while, you will be thirsty again.But theStream of Water which Jesus is referring to will continue to flow within you as long as the Holy Spirit is within you. You don’t need to worry aboutthe dry seasons of life because the water inside will refresh you always; hence, there will be no dry season around your life.
When a fierce storm attacked the boat wherein Jesus and his disciples were, the disciples were afraid, but He was fast asleep. Why will a man be comfortable in the midst of challenges? When He woke up from his sleep, He commanded the storm to stop and it responded (Mark 5:35-41). You also can handle all life challenges, if the streams of Water of Life are within you. Irrespective of the challenges of life ahead of you, you will always be ahead of all challenges of life.
Are you ready for the outpouring and outflowing of the Stream of Water within?
Let us pray:
- Father Lord, thank You for Your perfect plan to put in me the stream of Living Water (Isa. 44:3-5; John 7:37-39).
- Lord Jesus, I am sorry for resisting the flow of your stream of Living Water in my life (Gen. 6:1-3; John 7:39).
- Lord Jesus, I am sorry for filling myself with the pleasure of life instead of Your stream of water of life (Eph. 5:8; 1 Thess. 5:19).
- Lord Jesus, I am sorry for taking vital decisions of my life without the involvement of Your Spirit (Acts 1:4-7).
- Lord Jesus, here I am today, pour upon me Your Living Water (Isa. 44:3; John 7:38-39; Acts 2:1-4)
- Father Lord, pour upon us all in accordance with Your desire and our need for stream of Living Water (Acts 2:1-5; Acts 11:15-18).
- Lord Jesus, let this stream of Living Water within me produce from today great potentials that will announce me to theworld (Luke 4:13-15).
- Lord Jesus, pour upon all my children today so that they will manifest Your signs and wonders on earth (Isa. 44:3-5; Joel 2:26-28).
- Thank You, Jesus, for pouring upon me and my household Your stream of Living Water and opening up His well within me (John 7:37-39).
TOPIC: PENTECOST DAY OF THE OUTPOURING OF POWER THAT BREAK YOKES
It shall come to pass in that day. That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder,And his yoke from your neck,
And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil (Isa. 10:27).
He allowed no one to oppress them;for their sake he rebuked kings: “Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm” (Ps. 105:14-15).
Having looked at the water dimension of the Holy Spirit, let us proceed to look at the power dimension of His manifestation. Just as His water dimension quenches thirsts, the power dimension break yokes.
What is yoke? A yoke is a fitting for a beast of burden that would be placed around the neck of one or more animals,for example,oxen. Yoked animals are forced to do the bidding of the one who yoked them and cannot be free to do any other thing unless the yoke is removed. Many today are under one yoke or the other – it could be self-inflicted yoke or spiritual inflicted yoke. The spiritual inflicted yoke could either be from God (Matt. 11:29-30) or from the devil (Isa. 10:27; Matt. 11:28). While that of God is easy, light and His rest given, that of the devil is burdensome, difficult and harm given. For example, two women were under the yoke of sickness in the Bible for twelve and eighteen years,respectively,but when they met the Anointed One (Acts 10:38), He released them from the age-long yokes around their necks (Luke 13:11-12; Luke 8:43-48).
Jesus designated the church as yoke breaking centres because of the following reasons:
- He gave His servants authority to break yokes (Matt. 10:1,8).
- He commanded yoke breaking signs to follow His servants (Mark 15:16-18).
- He confirmed their words with yoke breaking signs (Mark 16:20).
- He multiplied His grace of yoke breaking in the lives of His servants (Acts 4:33; 5:15).
- He gave all believers great power that is greater than the power that brings men into captivity (1John 1:4).
- He gave to the church yoke breaking gifts (Eph. 4:7-13; 2Cor. 12:8-10).
Based on the above facts, it is obvious that our coming together tonight, will lead to the breaking of all yokes and we will all be yoked with Jesus.
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for releasing yoke breaking anointing unto Your church (Isa. 10:17; Psa. 105:20; Matt. 10:1-8; Acts 10:38).
- Lord Jesus, forgive me of all sins that led me into captivity of the devil (Mark 2:1-10; John 5:1-14).
- Father Lord, let every yoke around my life, family and business/career be broken today because of the anointing (Isa. 10:17).
- Father Lord, from today,my household and I will never suffer any harm because we have been anointed (Ps. 105:19-20; Mark 16:18-20).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I set myself and my family membersfree from the yoke of sorcerers and every manipulation of sorcery (Num. 23:23).
- By the power in the Name of Jesus Christ, I destroy every yoke of sorcerers and the manipulation of sorcery over my business, career and my children academics (Acts 13: 6-12).
- In the Name of Jesus, I uproot every tare of the devil planted in my dream life right now (Matt. 13:24-30, 15:13).
- Thank You, Jesus, for setting me and my household free from every yoke of the devil (Isa. 10:17; Acts 10:38).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR BREAKING OF THE YOKE OF BARRENNESS
God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground” (Gen 1:28). And none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span (Ex 23:26).
Barrenness negates the blessedness of fruitfulness bestowed upon man by God (Gen. 1:28). The fall of man was responsible for this yoke called barrenness. This yoke manifested itself in the family of our fathers; Abraham (Gen 11:30), Isaac (Gen. 25:21) and Jacob(Gen. 29:31) but later on, God broke the yoke by saying; “And none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span”(Ex 23:26).
After this declaration, we still have people who are barren; what could be responsible for this after God had sent His powerful word?
Here are some possible reasons for barrenness;
- Lifestyle of mockery (Michal the daughter of Saul) (2Sam. 6:14-23).
- Link with accursed family (Ruth) (Deut. 23:3-6; Ruth 4:13).
- Link to divine purpose (Elizabeth) (Luke 1:5-7).
- Link to natural body inadequacies (medical reasons).
- Link to spiritual attacks. When a couple is medically and spiritual fit to conceive but with no conception, it may be as a result of spiritual attacks (2 Kings 2:19-22).
As we pray to God today, waiting parents must be sure of which of these links is responsible for their waiting. Something can be done to solve all other links to barrenness listed above except the link to divine purpose because you cannot change the plan of God. Waiting parents whose link to barrenness is divine should please wait on God, for in due season, it will come to pass. If the link is medical, please consult experts in that field and your problem will be solved.
Apart from the barrenness of the womb, there is also barrenness of destiny. When one is not fulfilling purpose, that individual could be regarded as barren. The barrenness of destiny negates God’s divine purpose for man because God created him in His likeness, image and blessed him to be fruitful (Gen. 1:26, 28). When sin came and the devil took over the control of man (Gen. 3:1-6), the man that God created died and another man whose destiny is corrupted emerged.This man was cursed by God to live in painful toil and sweat throughout the days of his life (Gen. 3:16-19).
Therefore, man became unfruitful until Abraham’s encounter with God (Gen. 5:1-5). His lineage became exceptional on earth because God pronounced blessings upon them (Deut. 28:1-14).These blessings are still intact today and you can connect to them through Christ (Gal. 3:10-14). Are you ready to be free from the yoke of barrenness through the power of His Spirit?
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for creating me in Your image, likeness and for releasing an irrevocable blessing upon me and my household (Gen. 1: 26-28; Ps. 133:19; Jer. 29:11).
- Lord Jesus, have mercy on me and redeem me from the curse of the law (Ps. 51; Gal. 3:10-19).
- By the power of Your revelation, reveal to us what is linking us to the yoke of barrenness (Deut. 29:29; Mark 4:22).
- Arise O Lord and release Your power to break every yoke of barrenness in our midst today (Ps. 68:1-3; Isa. 10:17; Ruth 4:13).
- O Lord, have mercy on our waiting parents and take away this reproach among us (Exod. 23:26; Isa. 54:14; Luke 1:23-25).
- Arise O Lord with Your power and disconnect every of our waiting parents from everything that links them to barrenness (Ps. 68:1-3; Isa. 10:17).
- Lord Jesus, by Your creative power, release into the lives of our waiting parents everything that is stopping/hindering their fruitfulness (2 Kings 5:1-16; Matt. 12:9-14; Luke 1:23-25).
- My Father and my Redeemer, I repent today of my involvement in any activities that linked me to the yoke of barrenness, please forgive me (Deut. 28:14-15; Ps. 55).
- By Your power,O Lord, visit the source of my life and remove everything that links me and my household to barrenness (2 King 2:19-23).
- Thank You, Jesus, for Your deliverance today from the yoke of barrenness (Ps. 103:1-5; Isa. 10:27).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR BREAKING OF THE YOKE OF SICKNESSES AND DISEASES
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him (Acts 10:38). That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,to the glory of God the Father (Phil. 2:10-11).
Yokes are broken because of the anointing(Isa. 10:27);therefore, the good news this day is that the Anointed One is here with you and His name is Jesus. He has been anointed by God to move from one place to the other with the healing power for the deliverance of all who are sick (Acts 10:38). Despite the fact that physically He is not with us on earth, His name has the same potency to do what He did while He was here on earth(Phil. 2:10-11). There are more than enough testimonies during the time of the apostles to buttress the fact that the Name of Jesus Christ has the same power as when He was here on earth.
Here are a few examples of the potency of the power in His name:
- The healing of the man at the beautiful gate (Acts 3:1-10).
- The miraculous healing through Peter’s shadow (Acts 5:15).
- The healings through the ministry of Paul (Acts 14:10, 16:18, 19:11-12, 28:8).
- The miraculous healing and deliverance through Deacon Philip (Acts 8:5-9).
- Many miraculous healings in this church and elsewhere today.
Breaking the yoke of sicknesses and diseases require certain things and only those who could do those things can receive the power for the breaking of the yoke of sicknesses and diseases. These are some of such conditions to be fulfilled:
- You must bea member of the house of God (Matt. 15:22-29).
- You must know the source of the yoke. Here are some sources; 1) Divine purpose – John9:3; 2) Sin –John 5:14; 3) Satan – Luke13:16; 4) Sin of disobedience –Deut. 28:60-62;5) Natural and 6) Curse – 2 Kings 5:19-21
- You must address the sicknesses or diseases by following the appropriate channel for solving the problem. It is spiritual or scriptural to cure sickness or disease that has natural cause naturally. Please, in doing this ensure you consult qualified medical personnel.
- You must have faith in God and His instrument of healing (2 Chron. 20:20; Mark 6:4-5).
- You must wait on God to do it at His own time and His own way (John 9, 11).
Do you believe that God still heals today? Do you know that the power of God is mighty upon His servant to heal today? Do you believe that God can use you also as an instrument of healing for yourself and others?
If you believe, let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for the presence of Your power and the Name that breaks the yoke of sicknesses and diseases (Luke 5:16-17; Acts 10:38; Matt. 28:20, Phil. 2:10-11; Heb. 13:8).
- Lord Jesus, reveal to me and my household today the source(s) of the yoke of sicknesses or diseases among us (Deut. 29:29; 2Cor. 2:9-13).
- Lord Jesus, please forgive me as I confess and repent of my involvement in the bringing of the yoke of sicknesses or diseases upon myself and my household (Matt. 9:1-6).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I resist you Satan and command you to lose your hold of sicknesses or diseases over me and my household (James 4:7; Luke 13:11-13; Mark 16:18).
- From today, I command every demon causing sicknesses or diseases in my life and household to leave now in the Name of Jesus Christ (Mark 16:17).
- Arise O Lord and fulfil Your promise of sickness or disease-free life in my life and my family as I continue to worship You (Exod. 23:25, Deut. 7:15).
- Father Lord, let Your word be powerful enough to cure and create a new body part that had been damaged by sickness (es)(Ps. 107:20; Jer. 17:14; Matt. 8:8-13).
- Every age-long and incurable sickness or disease in the house this evening, we command you to go now (Matt. 9:20-22; John 5:1-8).
- Thank You, Jesus, for all the healings recorded in this service today.
TOPIC:THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR BREAKING OF THE YOKE OF SATANIC MANIPULATIONS AND ATTACKS
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Eph. 6:12).
He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work (1 John 3:8-9).
All men without Christ, irrespective of their person, position, possession and power are under the manipulation of the prince of this world (Eph. 2:1-3). Satan, the prince of this world, manipulates them to do what is against the will of God so that they can incur the wrath of God (Col. 3:5-6). As a result of this, many are under the wrath of God manifesting in various forms of sicknesses, unproductiveness, stagnation, limitation and even eternal condemnation, if they fail to repent.
It was this manipulative tactic that the demon in charge of sorcery uses on its victims and everyone under the control of this demon also controlsothers by the power of manipulation. For example, sorceress (Jezebel, witch) used her manipulating power to take over the inheritance of Naboth after killing him (1 Kings 21:1-16). That is why Godforbid their existence among His people because he knows the extent of their destructive power (Exod. 22:8). This spirit of sorcery is in full operation most especially over unbelievers and careless believers who are daily breaking divine covenants (Eccl. 10: 8).
You need to check your life and family for any manipulation of the devil that has brought the wrath of God on you and your household. I decree by the power in the Name of Jesus, that every power of sorcery will be destroyed and the sorcerer/sorceress will be exposed to salvation in Jesus’ Name.
Satanic attacks against believers are continuous events as long as we are going to be in this world (Matt. 16:18, Eph. 6: 10-12). Satan attacks come in these following ways:
- Attacks on health (2Cor. 12:7).
- Attacks on the open door of opportunity (1Cor. 6:9).
- Attacks on prayers (Dan. 10:12-14).
- Attacks on family members (Job. 1:13, 18; I Sam. 30:1-3).
- Attacks on business/career (Job 1:14-17;19).
All these attacks by the devil are aimed at the soul of man and to cut his life short. In the Name of Jesus Christ, you will be empowered today with the power of the Holy Spirit and every attack of the devil around your life will be removed.
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for the provision of power that breaks the yoke of satanic attacks and manipulations (Isa. 10:17; 1 Cor. 10:4-6; 1John 3:8).
- Lord Jesus, fire up my spirit man with Your fire so that I will no longer be complacent towards the manipulations and attacks of the devil (Matt. 3:11; Acts 2:1-4; Eph. 6:10-12; Zech. 12:10).
- From today, I submit myself and my household to Jesus. I resist you devil and command you to go away from my household now (James 4:7, 8).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I resist, renounce and revoke every satanic manipulation over my life, my household and my endeavor today (Ps. 105:20; Num. 23:23).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, every sorcerer and sorcery spirit around my life, my career and my household is declared exposed by the Light of God (Luke 8:17-18; John 3:20-21).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I fortify and place a powerful spiritual hedge of fire around myself, my career and household against all attacks of the devil from today (Ps. 125:2; Job. 1:10; 2 Kings 6:17).
- Arise O Lord and defend Your church against all the attacks of the devil (Ps. 2:1-8; Matt. 16:18).
- Thank You, Jesus, for the availability of Your power to deliver us from all satanic attacks and manipulations (2Cor. 10:4-6; James 4:8).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR RULING IN THE MIDST OF SATANIC DOMINATED BUSINESS WORLD
The Lord says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.” The Lord will extend your mighty scepter from Zion; you will rule in the midst of your enemies. Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy majesty, from the womb of the dawn you will receive the dew of your youth (Ps. 110:1-3).
We are on a battlefield; the battle is between God and the forces of the devil.This battle will continue until the evil one is finally destroyed(Rev. 20:10).The battle started in heaven after he purposed in his heart to dethrone God (Isa. 14:13), he was defeated and sent down to the earth (Isa. 14:13). As heaven was rejoicing of its victory over the evil one, the earth was in total anguish because he was thrown down to them (Rev. 12:12).
The evil one together with the falling angels (demons) know that their time of dethronement has been fixed (Ps. 110:1). Hence, they were fighting with fury and daily looking for whom to devour (1Peter 5:8; Rev. 12:12). Many today are his victims.He exercises is dominion over them and keeps them perpetually under his bondage.
His domination in the business world today is obvious with many evil activities that are prevalent in our business environment. Even when Jesus, the Son of the Living God, began His Father’s business, He was approached by this evil one. He told Him to bow down to him because he is in charge of the spiritual atmosphere of the business world. “The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours” (Luke 4:5-7).After he failed in this attempt, he didn’trelent until he manipulated people to kill Him.But he didn’t know that His death would lead to victory for mankind (1Cor 2: 7-8).
Many today are willing to commit their souls to the devil in order to be successful at the marketplace. They do this by joining secret societies or by consulting evil powers for success in the marketplace. Unfortunately for most believers, these are people we are in competition with in the business world. Since we are still living within this battlefield, we must fight the good fight of faith and subdue them so that we can prevail at the marketplace. “The Lord will extend your mighty scepter from Zion; you will rule in the midst of your enemies.Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy majesty, from the womb of the dawn you will receive the dew of your youth” (Ps. 110:2- 3). We are already in the day of power and as the valiant troops of the Lord, we are going to rule with His mighty scepter in the midst of our enemies. Are you among the troop of God? Arise let us fight the good fight of faith with our strong spiritual weapons of warfare (2 Cor. 10:4-6; Eph. 6:13-17).
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for releasing Your power into me and my household to rule and reign in the marketplace (Ps. 23:4-6, 110:1-3).
- Father Lord, I confess and repent of every attitude or principle of the world that I am using in running my business (2Chron. 7:14).
- From today, I promise never to use the principle or attitude of the world to run my business (2Cor. 6:14, 17).
- Lord Jesus, I have been translated from the kingdom of darkness into that of light; henceforth, no darkness of this world will be able to overcome me at my marketplace (Isa. 60:1-4; Col. 1:13; John 1:4-5).
- Lord Jesus, in as much I am Your follower, I will not stumble into the wicked trap set for me by the evil one in the business world (Prov. 26:27; Eccl. 10:8; Ps. 124:7; John 8:12),
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I pull down all visible and invisible evil barriers set up by the wicked ones in the marketplace against my business(Job 6:1-27; 2Cor. 10:4-6).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I reject and revoke every evil decree and its consequences against my business by the evil ones (Job. 5:12; Ps. 33:10; 54:7).
- My Father and my Lord, let Your power in me be released to subdue every evil opposition against all my open doors in the marketplace (1Cor.16:9).
- Thank You, Jesus, for releasingYour scepter of authority unto me to rule over the evil one in the marketplace (Ps. 110:1-3).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR RECOVERY AND RESTORATION OF ALL LOST GLORY
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23-24)
In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering. Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers (Heb. 2:10-11).
Man was created in the image and likeness of God. He isexpected to radiate the glory of God. That is why the Lord forbids him from covering his head so that the glory of God in him will be revealed (1Cor. 11:7). Unfortunately, due to sin,every man lost that glory and fell short of it (Rom. 3:23).
The glory of God in man has been replaced with shame, sorrow, sickness, stagnancy and satanic domination. That is why you see many who were created to be great in life living below God’s expectation. Shame has replaced honor, sorrow has replaced joy, sickness has replaced sound health, progress and prosperity have been replaced with stagnancy and poverty etc. Solomon puts it this way: “There is an evil I have seen under the sun, the sort of error that arises from a ruler: Fools are put in many high positions, while the rich occupy the low ones. I have seen slaves on horseback, while princes go on foot like slaves (Eccl. 10:5-7). Men, who were highly esteemed by angels and all other celestial bodies because they were highly exalted by God, were now demoted far lower than them and under their control (Ps. 8:4-6). Even when His own Son came under the body that has lost the glory, He was subjected to the control of death but He gained victory over death through the resurrection power (Heb. 2:5-9).
By this incomparable resurrection power, He was raised so that He can raise many children unto the glory that was taking away by sin. “In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering. Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers” (Heb. 2:10-12).
Therefore, since Jesus is not ashamed to call believers brothers, it means they are also the radiance of God’s glory on earth (Heb. 1:3). But this came to pass by the demonstration of the power of God in raising Him from the grave (Eph. 1:19-21). The same power is available to quicken youand restore back to you all lost glory through sin (Rom. 8:10-11).
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for Your perfect plan to restore to us all glory that was stolen from us through sin (Ps. 8:4-6; Heb. 1:3, 2:10; Eph. 1: 19-20).
- Lord Jesus, I confess and repent of all sins committed that have disrobed me and my household of Your glory (Ps. 51; Rom. 3:23).
- Father Lord, restore unto me and my household all Your glory in us that has been taken away from us through sin (Ps. 8:4-6; Heb. 2:10).
- Lord Jesus, restore back to me and my household our honor and dignity that was taken away from us (Isa. 61:7; Joel 2:25).
- Lord Jesus, restore to me everything that the recent economic recession in Nigeria has taking away from me (Jer. 30:17-20; Joel 2:24-26; Job 42:10).
- In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I recover back in double fold everything that devil has taken away from me and my household (Job 40:10; Isa. 61:7).
- By Your incomparable power, each of my potentials buried by the evil one is commanded to come out of the grave now (Eph. 1:18-20).
- Lord Jesus, free my children from ancestral power that is contending with my lineage so that they can fulfilYour purpose in life (Isa. 8:18,49:24-26).
- Thank You, Jesus, for restoring Your glory in me and the recovery of all that the enemy has taken away from me (Ps. 8:4-6; John 10:10; Heb. 2:10)
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR THE QUICKENING OF ALL THAT IS DEAD
And his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms (Eph. 1:19-20)When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go” (John 11:43-44).
There are many living corpses in the world today because all men died immediately after Adam disobeyed God’s instruction. “But you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die” (Gen 2:17). Becoming a member of Spirit-filled and firebrand church does not exempt a man from being dead.Actually, a man can be a pastor and yet a living corpse. The only thing that can make a man a living creature is an encounter with Christ and a continuous life in that new nature. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come”(2 Cor. 5:17).
There is only one person that can call the dead out of the grave alive and that person is Jesus. “I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live”(John 5:25).Why was He able to do this assertion? Because He conquered death and now holds the key of death and hades in his hand. “I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades”(Rev 1:18). He that called the man who was dead for four days out alive and commanded them to loose him, will open all graves today and bring all that is dead out alive in Jesus’ Name (John 11:1- 44).
Are you a living corpse? Is anything dead in your life, family and business/career? Jesus is here today to call your name and to remove from you the garment of the grave. Are you ready to experience the resurrection power? Listen to what God is saying to you today;“…O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel”(Ezek. 37:12).
Let us pray:
- I thank You,Father, for the promise of incomparable power that will break open all graves and bring out all the dead therein (Ezek. 37:12; John 5:25; Eph. 1:18-20).
- Lord Jesus, send forth Your powerful word into my life and cause all that is dead in me to live for Your glory (Ps. 107:19-20; John 5:25).
- Lord Jesus, through Your blood, purge my inner man from every dead work for the service of the Living God (Heb. 9:14).
- Lord Jesus, let Your incomparable great power quicken my mortal body from all forms of sicknesses and diseases (Rom. 8:10-12; Eph. 1:19-20).
- By the demonstration of Your power today, let every grave be opened and set free all the captives of the grave (Ezek. 37:1-12; John 11:1-44; Eph. 1:19-20).
- Father Lord, by the authority of Your name, I lay hold on the keys of death and I lock it against every member of my household (John 5:21; Rev. 1:18).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I release the blessing and grace of long life upon every member of my household and close the door of premature deaths against them (Ps. 91:16, 118:16-19).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I come against every spirit of error that leads to untimely deaths(Ruth 1:1-4).
- Thank You, Jesus, for removing the reproach of untimely deaths among us today (Ezek. 37:10-14; Exod. 23:26).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR THE RELEASE OF CAPACITY TO CREATE WEALTH
“Then Moses said to the Israelites, “See, the Lord has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts”(Ex 35:30-31). “But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today”(Deut. 8:18).
There are two basic things that are needed for the growth and progress of the world that God created; that is the blessing of God and working of man. “And no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground”(Gen 2:5-6). In order for man to fulfil his own part, God endowed him with different abilities that are needed to take care of the earth and wherever man displays this ability, God will accept it without question. “Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name”(Gen 2:19).
After the fall of man and the withdrawal of the Spirit of God, whenever God wants to do anything on earth through man, He will put His Spirit in that man. For example, when He wanted to build a house for Himself, He put His Spirit in engineers that worked on His site. Then Moses said to the Israelites, “See, the Lord has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts”(Ex 35:30-31). Here, we could deduce that just as the Spirit of God can use a man in prophetic and kingship platforms, He can also use him in the professional platform. That is why the Bible says “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things…”(John 14:26).
After the Lord had done so many great things in the life of Israelites in the area of wealth creation, He says; “But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today”(Deut. 8:18). Whenever God gives us the ability to create wealth, He is only confirming His covenant which He swore to our forefathers of faith. The good news today is that this covenant of wealth creation is intact. We have pieces of evidence of powerful wealth-creating ideas that God gave to some men in the bible. For example, He gave Isaac the ability to create wealth in the land of famine (Gen. 26:1-14) and also gave Jacob genetic breeding idea through a dream and that delivered him from perpetual poverty and slavery in the house of Laban (Gen. 31:10-16). The power that gives the ability to create wealth is available today for all who need it. Are you ready to receive it?
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for Your plan to give me and my household the ability to create wealth (Gen. 1:26-28; Deut. 8:18, 28:1-28).
- My Father and my Lord, forgive me of all my sins and deliver me from the Adamic curse (Gen. 3:17-19; Deut. 28:15-20; Prov. 28:13; 2Chron. 7:14).
- My Father, the Revealer of all hidden secrets, reveal unto me all the hidden secrets about my endeavors to me (Gen 26:1-5; Gen. 31:10-16; Deut. 29:29; 1Cor. 2:9-13).
- From today, guide me OLord by the power of Your Spirit as I go about my endeavors(Isa. 59:21; Joel 2:28; Rom. 8:14; 1Cor. 2:9-13).
- My Father and my Lord, release and multiply Your power of creativity in me today (Deut. 8:18).
- By the power of Your creativity in me, let my endeavorsexperience powerful turnaround from today (Gen. 26:1-14; 1Chron. 4:9-10).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I command my endeavors to move from stagnancy to superlative successes (Luke 5:1-10).
- By the power of creativity already released into me, I have become a blessing to this country (Gen. 12:1-3; Isa. 60:5).
- Thank You, Jesus, for releasing the power of wealth creation into me today; therefore, from today, I will not be put to shame again (Deut. 8:18; Joel 2:26).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR THE RELEASE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS
“To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues”(1 Cor. 12:8-10). This is why it says: “When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men” (Eph. 4:8).
After Jesus defeated the devil and his demons, He empowered His disciples with special gifts that enabled them to function effectively as His representatives on earth (Eph. 4:8; Acts 2:1-5). It was with these special gifts given to each of them according to His own discretion that showcased them as exceptional individuals on earth (Acts 3:11-12; 14:9-12). The manifestation of these special gifts attracted a lot of people to the church and that led to the exceptional growth of the early church (Acts 5:12-16). This was in confirmation of Christ’s prediction about signs and wonders; “Unless you people see signsandwonders,” Jesus told him, “you will never believe” (John 8:48).
In today’s world where many are under the oppression of the devil, the church must arise and rescue as many as possible through the gifts of the Holy Spirit. When people come to church and receive revelations about their lives, families and businesses, healings to sicknesses of all kinds, real and raw miraclescoupled with divine wisdom to take the right decisions, won’t they stay put in that church?
In line with what Jesus said to His disciples at the miracle of the feeding of five thousand men; “Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat” (Matt 14:16). I hear the Lord saying to us; “give them what they need.” But you see, you can’t give what you don’t have. The questions for today are; “do we have all these gifts in our midst”? “Are we ready to receive these gifts today”?
If yes, let us pray:
- My Father and my Lord, thank You for defeating the devil and releasing Your special gifts unto us (Eph. 4:8).
- Father Lord, consider the threats of Your adversary and stretch Your hands to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders in this church (Acts 4:28-30).
- My Father and my Lord, release upon me today Your gift that will make me function effectively in Your church (Acts 2:1-5; 1Cor. 12:1-10).
- Father Lord, let there be the full manifestation of all the gifts of the Holy Spirit in this church as from today (Acts 2:1-5; Acts 13:1-4; 1Cor. 12:1-10).
- Lord Jesus, release upon every member of my family the gifts of Your Holy Spirit (Joel 2:28-29; Acts 11:15-17).
- Father Lord, let Your great grace be upon Your servant Emmanuel Iyanda as from today (Acts 2:33, 5:12, 15-16).
- Lord Jesus, cause all our Deaconate and Council members to be filled with the Holy Spirit as they lead us (Acts 6:3,8, 8:14-18).
- Thank You, Jesus, for releasing Your gifts among us today for the expansion of Your Kingdom (Eph. 4:8).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR THE RELEASE OF REVELATION OF HIDDEN THINGS
The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law” (Deut. 29:29). However, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”— but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us” (1 Cor. 2:9-10,12).
As this year is gradually coming to an end, many want to know what next year has in stock for them, hence, they are consulting all manners of spiritualists so that they can tell them what will happen. For us who believe in the Living God, we also need to know what next year holds for us, especially because of the peculiarity of 2019 – the election year. God has settled the issue of who will lead us in the next four years as a nation, hence, we don’t need to be troubled about that for the Lord has heard and has seen the misery of His people and He will surely come down through our next leader to set us free from slavery. What should be our major considerations people of God is, what does God has in plan for me, my household, career/business, academic etc.
For we must not take any decision in error for such decisions will lead to grave consequences (Ruth 1:4). Many will want to take vital decisions such as the relocation of their families, change of jobs, choice of business partners, choice of marital partners etc. Many today are regretting taking vital decisions about their lives based on what others are doing or are saying. You don’t need to burn your fingers before you learn that your God is the Revealer of all secrets. That is why it is good to seek God’s face today for the power of revelation into the deep secrets of God.
The secret things belong to Him and He is willing to reveal them to us and our children (Duet. 29:29). As great as the plan of God for us for next year is, we need someone to bring them out of Him and reveal them to us. “However, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”— but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit” (1Cor. 2:9).In order to reveal those plans to you, the Holy Spirit will search it out from God and then make it known to you. “The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us (1Cor. 2:12). Therefore, we all need the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in us so that we will be able to access day to day revelation of God’s plan for us throughout the days of 2019.
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for the outpouring of Your Spirit for the revelation of the hidden secrets of life (Deut. 29:29; 1Cor. 2: 9-13).
- Oh Lord, open and enlighten my inner eyes and ears that I will see and hear the revelation of hidden secrets of life (Isa. 42:19-20; Eph. 1:17-18).
- By the power of Your revelation, reveal to me today my land of prosperity in the year 2019(Gen. 12:1-2, 26: 1-14; Acts 16:6).
- Lord Jesus, from today, lead me by the power of Your revelation so that my household and I will escape all evil plots of the enemy in the year 2019(2Kings 6: 8- 23; John 1:4-5, 3: 5-8).
- By the power of Your revelation, reveal to all the singles in the church seeking suitors their compatible partners (Gen. 24; Isa. 34:16).
- My Father and my Lord, reveal to me the secrets that will lead me to all-round breakthroughs in my endeavors (Gen. 26, Gen. 30:25-31:16; Luke 5: 1-8).
- Lord Jesus, reveal Yourself unto me and my household afresh (Gal. 1:12; Eph. 1: 15-23).
- Lord Jesus, release into me today the Revealer of all hidden secrets of life (John 16:10-13; 1Cor. 2: 10-13).
- My Father and the Shepherd of my soul, lead me and my household in the year 2019 into Your perfect plan for us (1Cor. 2:9-10).
- Thank You, Jesus, for lightening my life with the light of Your revelation, hence, I will not stumble in darkness (John 8:12).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER TO OPERATE WITH AUTHORITY IN THE NEW YEAR
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven” (Matt 16:19-20).
He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you (Luke 10:18)
Keys open closed doors and closed doors are opened by the one who has the keys. Irrespective of your position, you must wait at the door until the one who holds the key to the door comes and opensit unless you will have to force it open. Likewise, there are people who are holding keys of authority over many lives and they are the ones who determine what happens to them. Many are very rich today, holding important positions in society and very popular but they are being remotely controlled by certain persons who have authority over them. For such individuals to live in peace and enjoy what they possess, they must continually appease such persons or else they will be reduced to nothing by those who control them. Most of such powerful individuals usually use diabolical powers to control their victims to do their bidding. The good news today is that there is a free release of authority that is superior to all other authorities. That authority is from Jesus.
However, you need to know that God will not remove all the oppositions around you, whether spiritual or physical, but He will empower you with His power so that you can operate in a hostile environment. In as much as you are in this world, you will continue to operate in a hostile environment because the prince of this world (Satan) has not yet been captured but his power of operation over believers has been destroyed (Matt. 28:18-19).
For this reason, Jesus gave His disciples the authority of the kingdom of God to the extent that whatsoever they bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatsoever they loose on earth is loosed in heaven (Matt. 16:19-20). With this authority, they are to operate at the highest level to the point that demons will be subject to them and even the devil will be dethroned. “He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven” (Luke 10:18-20).Are you ready to operate at this highest level of authority today?
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for defeating and dethroning the evil one, and thank You for delivering Your power into my life for effective ruling over my environment in 2019 (Gen. 1:28; Matt 16:19-20; Luke 10:18-20; Eph. 1:18-23).
- Lord Jesus, from today, I reject fear but receive boldness to rule in the midst of this wicked world in 2019 (Ps. 110:2; 2 Tim. 1:7; 1 John 4:4).
- Father Lord, from today and throughout 2019, I submit myself and my household unto You and I resist the devil and all his demons (James 5:8; Matt. 16:19-20).
- Lord Jesus, release into me now the power to operate in the midst of wickedness in the marketplace in 2019 (Ps. 110:1-7; 2 Cor. 10:1-6; Eph. 6:10- 18).
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, by the power of His Light in me, I will dispel every darkness in my environment in 2019 (Matt. 5:14-16; John 1:4-5, John 8:12).
- Father Lord, let Your church operate with full authority over all the power of darkness in 2019(Ps. 91: 1-13; Matt. 16: 17-20; Luke 10:18-20).
- Thank You, Jesus, for releasing the authority to operate in the midst of the enemy without harm (Luke 10:18-20; Ps. 110: 1-5).
OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR TAKING OVER TERRITORIES
“Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the western sea. No man will be able to stand against you. The Lord your God, as he promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go” (Deut. 11:24-25).
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery (Ps 2:8-9).
The earth is of the Lord, everything and everyone in it belong to him (24:1) but He delegated man to be in charge for Him (Gen. 1:26-28; Ps. 115:16). Unfortunately the devil deceived man and he took over all the territory of the earth from man (Gen. 3:1-8). From that time till now every territory on earth is under his control. That was why God has to give authority to the progeny of Abraham that wherever they set their foot on shall be there possession. He even said that; “No man will be able to stand against you. The Lord your God, as he promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go” (Deut. 11:25).
At the advent of Jesus ministry on earth, He faced stiff opposition from the one who owns the entire territory of the earth. He asked Him to worship him or else He should forget operating on earth but Jesus refused his offer (Luke 4:5-8). The same stiff opposition is still available today because the same devil is still active in the use of his deceptive strategy to lure many to worship him so that they can operate successfully in his domain. Many today have succumbed to his deceptive strategy by choosing to worship him through joining secret cult, consultation of diabolic people and doing many devilish acts that the devil prescribed for them. Unfortunately for us as believers these are the people we are working together with in offices, living together with in the same neighborhood, our children are associating with and sometimes they are found in our churches.
How then are we going to operate in this stiff competitive spiritual territory? We must do what the writer of Psalm 24:8-9 prescribes; “Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery” (Ps 2:8-9). We must ask for the entire nations of the earth as our possession and for power to rule them with scepter of authority so that they can be broken into pieces before us. Our arsenal is well equipped with sufficient spiritual weapons that can deal with any opposition on our way this year and the next (2Cor. 10:1-6).
Are you ready to take over all territory for Christ? Arise now and asked for up to the end of the earth for your possession.
Let us pray:
- Thank you Jesus for the recovery all territories on earth for me and my household in the year 2019 (Deut. 11:22-24).
- My father and my Lord, empower me today to take over my neighborhood for you (Gen. 17:7-8; Matt. 28:18-20).
- My Lord Jesus, through your power of revelation let me take over my business environment for my profiting (Gen. 26:1-14; Luke 5:1-7).
- In the name of Jesus, I receive spiritual keys of authority over all territories in the year 2019 (Matt. 16:19; James 5:17-18).
- My father and my Lord, empower me today with authority to take over all the territories that flow with milk and honey in this country (Exod. 33:1-3; Isa. 45:1-3).
- Lord Jesus, empower me today with power to pull down every evil authority against my progress in 2019 (Jer. 1:10).
- Lord Jesus, empower your church (TNCBC, Agege) to take over all territory in Lagos for you in 2019 (Matt. 28: 18-20; Acts 1:8).
- Father Lord, empower the righteous to take over our country in the year 2019 for joy of all citizens (Prov. 29:2).
- Thank you Jesus for empowering me to take over all territories for you in 2019 (Deut. 11:22-24; Acts 1:8).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER FOR THE EVANGELISM OF THE WORLD
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matt 28:19-20).
He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:7-8)
We are a model church with the mandate to seek all the lost souls in the world; hence, every church member is a soul winner. This mandate is being pursued by us with levity. It has become the work of few. That was not the plan of God for us. Just as the disciples were concerned about the state of their nation and neglecting the heartbeat of God, we also are concerned with so many things and we have neglected the heartbeat of God. As a church, we need to retrace our steps and return to the heartbeat of God which is MISSION.
As we are looking forward to another year, we need to seek God’s face to pour on us again the power of evangelism through His Spirit. “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).After the Pentecost (Acts 2:1-5), the disciples of Jesus were on fire for God. The first sermon preached by Peter under the unction of the Holy Spirit brought three thousand souls to Christ (Acts 2:41). After they were persecuted in Jerusalem, they moved from one place to another taking over territories for Jesus (Acts 8:4-8). By the time the Lord arrested Paul and he joined the team, the apostles turned the entire world upside down for Jesus. “But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some other brothers before the city officials, shouting: “These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here” (Acts 17:6).
This is our time to contribute to the heavenly bank of souls and we must not relent. We must stand up and take more territories for God. We must reach out to more people in our neighborhood, in Agege, in Lagos, in West Africa, in Africa and the entire world. As we pray for more power today, the Holy Spirit will descend on us and we will win more souls this year and the next. Remember that; “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives” (Prov. 11:30). As you are planning for next year, please make a faith budget about how much you will spend on MISSION, how many souls you are going to win, how many mission trips you will go and any other plan that the Holy Spirit will enable you to make concerning mission activities. You will be reminded by the Mission &Evangelism Team of the church every quarter.
Let us pray:
- Thank You, Jesus, for choosing me as a vessel to proclaim the gospel to all men on earth (Prov. 11:30; Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1: 7-8).
- Lord Jesus, I am sorry for not adhering to Your command to go as Your witness everywhere (Micah 6:8; Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:7-8).
- Lord Jesus, frustrate today everything within and without me that is resisting the preaching of Your word (Luke 9:14; Job. 5:12; Ps. 33:10).
- Empower me O Lord, for I am ready to obey Your command to go with the gospel into the world (Acts 1:7-8; 2:1-5).
- As we go out in Your Name from today, let the devil be dethroned and his demons submit to us (Luke 10:17-20).
- Father Lord, arise in Your power and save all the unsaved members of my family today (Rom 1:16; 1 Tim 2:14; 2 Peter 3:9).
- Father Lord, use me as a vessel for the salvation of the unsaved people in my lineage (Exod. 3:7-10; Acts 9:15).
- Lord Jesus, as the Light in the world, let my life light up my environment for Your glory from today (Matt. 5:14-16; John 1:4-5).
- Father Lord, empower this church to become missionaries-sending-church from today (Luke 10:1-12; Acts 13:1-5).
- Thank You, Jesus, for releasing the power that will unlock all the prison doors of sin and free all sinners around us (Matt. 6:19; Rev. 7:9).
TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF POWER THAT COMMANDS SURPASSING SUPERNATURAL HAPPENINGS IN THE CHURCH
He measured off another thousand, but now it was a river that I could not cross, because the water had risen and was deep enough to swim in — a river that no one could cross. Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live (Ezek. 47:5-9).
The Church of Christ is the headquarters of the kingdom of God on earth. As a result of this, she has been empowered by God to perform at His level on earth (Matt.16:19-20; Eph. 1:19-23). That is why the kingdom of darkness is fighting against her so that she will not perform optimally. But He who empowered her has promised to build her against the attacks of the evil one (Matt. 16:18).
This church, for example, has been a source of life to many in the past both within and outside the country. She was able to achieve that because she was at the optimal level of the flowing of the water of life which is the Spirit of God. As this water of life flows to anywhere through her activities such as mission, deliverance programs and various church programs, many whose lives are unproductive received life. Today, we are at a level but not at the overflowing level of the past and we must seek God’s face to take us to that overflowing level so that we can once again perform according to the capacity of the overflowing of the Spirit of God in us.
What shall we do?
- We must confess and repent of all our sins (2 Chron. 7:14).
- We must sanctify His temple (church) (1 Cor. 6:17-19).
- We must maintain the unity of faith among brethren (Psa. 133; Acts 2:1-5).
- We must focus on our mission and evangelism (Matt. 28:18-20).
- We must remember our source and peculiarity (Jer. 31:33).
- We must continue to seek God’s face until He releases His fullness again (Acts 4:21-31).
As we continue to experience the overflow of His Spirit, we need to know that the best way by which the water of life can continue to flow and it will not be stagnant is when we go out on evangelism. Nations, organizations, families and so on are waiting for the manifestation of our light because they are in darkness and it is our light that will deliver them from this darkness (Isa. 60:1-5; Matt. 5:14).
The New Covenant Baptist Church, arise and let out the light in you for the deliverance of nations. The Lord is counting on you. Your peace, progress, prosperity and precedence lies in the flowing of the grace of God in you into the lives of men around you.
Let us pray:
- Lord Jesus, we thank You for choosing us as a medium to display Your power on earth (Jer. 31:33; Col. 1:27; 1 Peter 2:9).
- Our Father and our Lord, we are grateful for committing such a great task to us (Matt. 28:18-20).
- Our merciful Father, we are sorry for not committing our all to this task and repent of it today (1 Chron. 7:14).
- Lord Jesus, empower us again with the power of the Holy Spirit so that there will be supernatural happenings in the church as from today (Acts 1:7-8; Acts 4: 31, 33).
- Whenever we gather from today, let Your life-giving Spirit flow out of this place to give life to as many who will be available in the church (Gen. 2:7; Ezek. 47:1-8; Luke 8:38-44).
- Father Lord, let this overflowing life-giving spirit flow to The New Covenant Baptist Church, Langbasa, Abuja and Togo and give them life this year and beyond ( Ezek. 47:1-8).
- Lord Jesus, turn this place to Your Mount Zion so that there will be holiness, deliverance and the place of possessing our possessions (Oba. 1:7).
- Thank You for Your supernatural release on this church today (Acts 4:31-33).
TOPIC: PENTECOST DAY OF THE RELEASE OF OVERFLOWING POWER
“The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him — the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord” (Isa 11:2).
As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world (John 17:18).
Pentecost day is the day of the full release of the Holy Spirit into the lives of prepared people for the empowerment to witness for Christ. Historically, it happened in the book of Acts 2:1-5 when about one hundred and twenty people were in the upper room. Something that seemed to be tongues of fire separated and came to rest upon each of them and they began to minister to people across the world in their various languages. It was a spectacular event that attracted a lot of people because they were enabled by the Holy Spirit to speak in languages that were not theirs.
Since that time till now, many believers are craving to have such a spectacular experience of the Holy Spirit. Today, we also desire to have that experience as our spectacular encounter after these twenty-one days of praying and fasting. There will be the release of the character (Gal. 5:22-25) and the charisma (1 Cor. 12:1-11) of the Holy Spirit for both are necessary for us. While we need the charisma to minister to ourselves and others we need His character to sustain the charisma so that we will not miss the kingdom as a result of the great attraction that the charisma will bring to us. Please endeavor to seek the face of God today for the major manifestations of the Holy Spirit which is,speaking in tongues.
Above all, we need the overflowing of the Holy Spirit which manifests in the release of these six graces- wisdom, counsel, power, understanding, knowledge and the fear of God. “The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him — the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord” (Isa. 11:2).All of these graces are very vital in the lives of believers who desire to be effective in His work and walk with Him. They will also assist us in better performances at our places of endeavor because we will be wise, well guided by godly counsel; we will have proper spiritual understanding and knowledge about what we are doing and our environment of operation; we will be powerful spiritually and the fear of God will immune us against the corruption of our time. These graces worked in the life of Jesus while He was on earth and He has promised to release them on us. “As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world” (John 17:18). Receive now the six graces of the Holy Spirit.
Let us pray:
- Father, we thank You for the promise and the fulfilment of the promise of Your Spirit (Joel 2:28-29; Isa. 11:2; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:1-4).
- My Father and my Lord, forgive me of all my sins that hinder the flow of Your Spirit in me (Gen. 6:3; Psa. 5I:10-12).
- As we gather together this morning, let the heaven upon us be opened (Ps. 24:7-10; Luke 3:21-22; Acts 2:1-2).
- Lord Jesus, I am ready for the outpouring of Your Spirit; release it on me now (Joel 2: 28-29; Acts 2: 1-4).
- From today, Lord Jesus, cause me to operate by the fullness of Your spirit (Isa. 11:2).
- Lord Jesus, let every old man in this church dream dreams and young men see visions (Joel 2:28-29).
- Let there be the full release of the character and the charisma of the Holy Spirit upon all now (1 Cor. 12:1-8; Gal. 5:19-20).
- By the power of Your Spirit, let everyone that needs healing, deliverance and breakthrough receive it now (Isa. 10:27; Acts 10:38).
- From today, let Your church become the centre of healing, deliverance, breakthrough, preservation and salvation (Oba. 1:7; Isa. 4:4-6; Luke 5:17b).